Capture someone you love with beads and keep them close with this Victorian inspired beading project. This tutorial shows you how to create a beaded keepsake with this elegant peyote endant.
You will learn to bezel a photo of your choice using beadweaving techniques. Once encapsulated, you will complete the lid, hinge and clasp, and then embellish the front with delicate floral accents of your choice.
A knowledge of peyote stitch and square stitch are necessary and a little experience of bezelling cabochons would be helpful.
Most suitable for advanced beaders. Tutorial includes step by step diagrams and easy to follow instructions.
You will need:
- Size 11 Delicas
- Size 8, 11 and 15 seed beads
- 1 x 4mm Crystalett button for clasp – optional
- A selection of small beads and crystals for embellishment
- Chain and findings of your choice to hang your finished pendant
- A picture/photograph approx. 35mm x 40mm
- Clear shrink plastic (unshrunk!) or acetate OR a 18mm x 25mm glass cabochon
- Small piece of card in a toning colour to your project (approx 5cm x 5cm)
If you choose Digital, then the PDF instructions will be emailed to you within 24 hours once payment has been received, no shipping will be charged. If you choose Printed then a printed copy of the instructions will be sent to you in the post and you will be charged the standard postage cost.