When you set up an account on pinkhot.co.uk, place an order, enter any competition, promotion or prize draw or sign up for our newsletter we may collect your name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, mobile number and a password. We will make it clear at the time which data we are collecting and why. This is stored securely on our website database.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To serve website content to you;
- To handle orders, deliver products and process payments and refunds;
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details to assist with your future enquiries;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you via email.
- To enter you in any competition, promotion or prize draw and for the purposes explained in the terms and conditions applicable to the competition, promotion or prize draw. (If you consent);
- To allow you to create an account, should you wish, to facilitate future orders. You will need to opt in to create an account and can easily delete this account at any time by contacting us.
We take credit card security extremely seriously and we are committed to protecting your privacy. As such we will only use the information collected to deal with your order and to enable us to provide the best service possible. When you buy goods from us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and credit/debit card details so that we can fulfil your orders as efficiently as possible. We do not keep a record of your credit card details. All transactions are handled securely through PayPal.
At no time will your credit card details be knowingly transmitted by us in an unsafe manner.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you subscribe to our newsletter your email address will only be used by us to inform you of any new products, events and/or special offers. All of your details are stored and managed securely through MailChimp. Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, please do so by clicking on the relevant link at the footer of the email or you can unsubscribe here.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Chloe Menage, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile phone or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer/device. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What Cookies does Pinkhot use?
We use a Google Analytics cookie on our website to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, and we do not share this information with anyone. We may also use a Facebook Pixel in a similar manner to better understand our digital advertising campaigns.